Concrete Resurfacing Eight Mile Plain
Project Infomation :
This job was a plain concrete double garage floor. We were asked to quote the rear concrete area in sprayed covercrete, when I was there quoting, she asked if I could do something to the garage floor to make it prettier. I suggested single colour epoxy, or this continious flooring aka epoxy flake flooring. A RRP for a double garage with some patching is $2200 inc GST. Comes in a range of premixed blends that are customisable with different base colours. We grind the surface with the Husqvarna PG280 edge grinder using 30 grit metal bond diamonds to remove the surface imperfections and provide a 'key' for excellent coating adhesion. We patch the imperfections and cracks in the surface and sand them back too. Steps:
- 1. Ensure clean dr surface
- 2. grind surface to provide key
- 3. patch surface imperfections
- 4. vacuum thoroughly the surface area to ensure clean, dry and dust free.
- 5. apply first coat of 2 pack 100% solids, pure epoxy resin and hardener. in selected colour
- 6. apply second coat of 2 pack 100% solids, pure epoxy resin and hardener. in selected colour
- 7. while wet, apply flake in desired colour pattern
- 8. leave to set for 24 Hrs.
- 9. vacuum up all loose un attached flake.
- 10. apply two coats of aliphatic clear coat either water based 2pack, or solvent based Flexithane